Go back to normal view
We are pleased that you are enquiring about getting married at St. George’s
First of all: congratulations, this is a really exciting time for you both.
We have a beautiful church and setting that can provide a beautiful venue for your wedding. Revd David will be very happy to meet with you to find out if you have a Qualifying Connection to get married at St. George’s church and talk through the whole process of getting married.
The good news is that you can marry in church regardless of your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and whether or not you have been a regular churchgoer. If one of you, or both of you, is divorced, there may be a way forward for you to be re-married in church, but the priest has certain considerations to take into account. Wherever possible, Revd David would seek to be sympathetic to your wishes so do please talk to him in confidence. It is not legally possible for same-sex couples to marry in the Church of England.
You can get married at St. George’s Church Benenden if one of you:
· has at any time lived in the parish for at least 6 months or
· was baptised (christened) in the parish or
· was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
· has at any time regularly come to normal church services for a period of at least 6 months
Or if one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
· has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
· has regularly gone to normal church services here for a period of at least 6 months
Or if one of your parents or grandparents:
· was married in the parish
Please contact Revd David to discuss getting married
at St. George’s and to arrange to meet